PRAYER AND CONFESSION FOR ACCELERATED SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT

 

practicallifeofgod.blogspot.com

Many times the effectiveness of our prayers depend on our growth in the spirit. It is therefore important that apart from the first step of entering into a relationship with God, the next step for the Christians is to seek to grow in the spirit. One of the ways of this growth and development is to desire and pray for it.

Paul prayed this prayer for all his children in the faith, and you need to pray this prayer also.



SCRIPTURES TO STAND UPON


Ephesians 1:15-22; 3:14-19; Philippians 1:9-11; II Thessalonians 1:11-12; Hebrews 13:20-22.


PRAYER STRATEGY


Confess all your sins.

Fill your heart with God’s words.

Pray in tongues intermittently.

Inject your prayers with praising God.



PRAYER FOR REVELATION AND UNDERSTANDING OF SPIRITUAL MYSTERIES (Ephesians 1:16-2).


I pray the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant me the spirit of wisdom and revelation, of insight into mysteries and secrets, for the intimate knowledge of You, God my Father.


I pray that the eyes of my spirit be flooded with light, so that I can know and understand the hope of which You have called me into Your kingdom, and how rich is Your glorious inheritance in the saints. And so that I can know and understand what is the immeasurable, unlimited and surpassing greatness of Your power which You demonstrated in Christ Jesus when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world to come. Amen.


PRAYER FOR POWER AND LOVE (Ephesians 3:14-19).


I bow my knees before You, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, the Father from Whom all fatherhood takes it’s title and derives it’s name; that You many grant me out of Your glorious strength to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in my inner-man by the Holy Spirit.

May Christ, through my faith dwell and make His permanent home in my heart.

May my spiritual roots go down deep into the soil of Your marvelous love, and may I be able to feel and understand (as all Your children should), how long, how wide and deep, and how high Your love really is.


Results To Expect From This Prayer


When this prayer is combined with a consistent fellowship with God and studying of His Word, the Bible, you can expect these for sure:


> A strong, vibrant and fervent heart for God.

> Constant awareness of God’s love and presence.

> Ability to love and walk in love.

> Unyielding and uncompromising faith in God. This enhances your prayer life because you will receive more answers to your prayers.



PRAYER FOR ABILITY TO WALK WORTHY OF THE LORD (Colossians 1:9-12).


Dear Lord, I pray and make special request of You, asking You to fill me with the full, deep and clear understanding of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

I pray this in order that I may live and lead a life that is worthy of You and may please You in every way, bearing fruit in very good work, and increasing in Your knowledge.

I pray that I be strengthened and invigorated with all power according to Your glorious night , so that I may have great endurance and patience, that I may keep going no matter what happens, and joyfully always giving thanks to You the Father Who has made me fit and qualified to share in the inheritance of the saints in Your kingdom. Amen.


Results To Expect From This Prayer


When this prayer goes with a regular study of God’s word and a heart consecrated for God, there one would receive the ability to know God’s will and to distinguish between the acceptable, the good, and the perfect will of God (Hebrews 12:1-2).


> Strength in the inner man.

> Ability to walk worthy of the Lord and to always please Him, since His perfect will shall be known to you in the inner man.

> Increased knowledge in God.

Ability to keep going and pressing on when things become difficult.

> A heart always full of joy and a mouth full of thanksgiving to the Lord.



PRAYER FOR EXPONENTIAL SPIRITUAL GROWTH (II Thessalonians 1:11-12).


Father, I pray that You make me one of the king of Children you want to have;

That You make me as good as i wish I could be, rewarding my faith with Your power.

By this, everyone will be praising the name of the Lord Jesus Christ because of the results they see in me.

My greatest glory will be that I belong to You.

May Your tender mercy through the Lord Jesus Christ make all these possible for me. Amen.



CONCLUSION


The prayers in this article are not prayers you pray only once, and relax. You need to meditate on the Scriptures from which the prayers are taken, and then you pray and confess these prayers as many times as you wish everyday, every week and every month. The Christian faith and life will become easier for you.





CREDIT: Dr Moses Olanrewaju Aransiola


No comments